Wednesday 11 October 2017



Last Saturday, I visited the Moniker Art Fair in Whitechapel, London.

The exhibition showcased a number of artists from all over the world and brought their works to The Old Truman Brewery in East London.

During my time browsing the art fair, I number of pieces caught my eye. I especially liked the works of a Japanese artist who took "pop-up art" to a whole new level.

Graffiti was a common motif of the exhibits. The installation featured many alternative takes on famous cartoon characters. As a fan of animation, it was fascinating to see these twisted versions of iconic characters.

I began to notice a recurring theme of the pieces that I was drawn to. The art that I found memorable was very surrealist and out of left field.

I believe I can use that fact in my future projects whether it's my film projects with Uni or my personal radio show. It's okay to do things a little differently than others. I'd say that in order to be as unique as possible, I might have to really put my imagination to the test to create some work that is eye-catching and, most importantly, my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment